The Society offers Life Membership, Annual Membership and Associate Membership. Membership of the Society is open to persons of either sex and irrespective of nationality, proposed and seconded by two members of the society and also persons of their official capacities, scientific societies, institutions, clubs etc. in corporate capacity. For more details please mail to the Secretary of the Society your request.
The Society also issues Annual Pass to Government Officials. Any Government official may also get the Pass to visit the Society by paying specified charges. For that purpose, the assistant / subordinate of the concerned Government Official should apply, addressing the Secretary-cum-CEO on the letter head of the particular organization for getting the Pass.
Apart from that the Society also issues Senior Citizen Pass for Government Officials.
Individuals who have attained an age of 65 years, can apply for Sr. Citizen Pass addressing to The Secretary-cum-CEO. Authenticated age proof must be submitted along with the application for getting the Sr. Citizen Pass.
All application with regard to Membership / Pass will be deposited to the Society’s office for the approval of the Council. If Council approves, you will be informed to deposit the requisite fees against your particular category of Membership / Pass.
N.B: IT IS SOLELY THE COUNCIL’S DISCRETION TO APPROVE THE APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP / PASS OF THE SOCIETY.
Privileges of being Members of the Society:
- Use of Library during specified hours
- Receiving a free copy of Publications of the Society
- To correspond with Society on question of any horticultural subject
- To send specimens of leaf, flower or fruit for identification
- To visit the Society premises for walking in the morning from 5.00 a.m. to 9.00 a.m. and from 3.00 p.m. to 7.30 p.m. in the evening
- To have garden inspected by the Society and receive a report on payment of specified fees
- To have free plants / seeds worth Rs.100/- (Rupees One hundred only) per annum
- To visit Society’s Flower Shows and relevant events free of charge
Currently, the Society is only offering Life Membership and the other memberships are closed for the time being.